- Establish new signage in various locations throughout the mountains
- Continue to maintain the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains
- Provide more than 3,000 hours of volunteer service to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area and adjoining parkland areas, and groom nearly 30 trail miles for the last twelve months.
- Pursue critical rights-of-way in the trails systems
- Coordinate with government agencies to ensure public access is maintained for trail users The Trails Council is active in protecting valuable trail resources. Our goals are to:
- Protect public trail easements, connections, and access through partnerships
- Promote the establishment of trail camps for the Backbone Trail
- Increase public awareness of the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains
- Support and encourage consistent and comprehensive signage
- Maintain trails in the Santa Monica Mountains through partnerships with land agencies, local government, businesses, community organizations and the general public
- Educate trail users on issues that affect access to trails and the proper use of land resources
Click the "Buy Now" button below to purchase a one-year standard $35 membership.
You will be redirected to the PayPal site to enter your credit card details and the mailing address for your membership.
OR, you can mail-in your payment with our printable form.
Select this option for Business memberships also.
SMMTC is a volunteer, tax deductible, nonprofit 501 (C) (3) charitable organization.
818-222-4531 - firstname.lastname@example.org